Deltour Chromates In-House with Chromium-3December 14, 2014
In recent years, chromium-6 has often been applied to aluminium for corrosion protection and to aluminium in electronics for better electronic conduction. Chromium-6, however, is extremely toxic (carcinogenic) and prohibited for that reason. That is why we have been using chromium-3 since 2013. This is an excellent alternative and we apply it with MAVOMcoat 1300.
MAVOMcoat 1300 is a strong Multi Metal pre-treatment product, based on chromium(III) salts and complex fluorides. MAVOMcoat 1300 offers excellent corrosion resistance as a finishing coat and is the perfect base for applying organic coatings.
We are able to carry out this process in-house, which saves us both costs and time. The maximum dimensions are 800 mm x 400 mm.
- 1-component process
- Qualicoat certified
- Easy pH and conductivity process control
- Free of hexavalent chromium
- No reduction of chromium necessary for waste water purification
- Good corrosion resistance as a finishing coat: MIL-DTL 5541F and MIL-DTL 87106B
- Low surface resistance, ≤ 775 µΩ/cm2
- Appropriate for steel, galvanized steel and aluminium
- Applicable as passivation after hot-dip galvanization
- Applicable as dipping, spraying and no-rinse treatment
- pH Values of bath solutions: 2.5 – 4.5
- Processing time: 1- 10 minutes
- Appearance: slightly iridescent
- Low weight: 100 – 300 mg/m2
- Temperature: 20 – 40 °C